Traveling with pets?
If you want to fly with your pet on your next trip, you can use the pets in cabin service, where the pet travels and is counted as carry-on baggage.
- Pets will be accepted as carry-on baggage as long as there is enough space under the seat in front of the passenger to fit the pet.
- Transportation of pets applies to both domestic and international flights.
- Dogs and cats are accepted on all routes, including flights within Peru. On domestic flights in Colombia dogs, cats and small birds are accepted.
- It is recommended that the service is requested when making the booking and up to 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure. There is a limit to the number of pets accepted by the aircraft.
- The customer must provide the pet carrier to transport the pet. If you do not have one you can buy one from the airline (subject to availability).
- Only one case is accepted per passenger.
- Only one pet is allowed per case.
- The pet must comply with the all the health regulations that the law requires and have the corresponding certifications for the country of transit or final destination.
- For travel within Colombia: dogs and cats only require a vaccination card. For travel to international destinations from Colombia each country has their own regulations that must be complied with. In this case a Health Inspection Certificate issued by the agricultural authority of the country of origin must be included, which requires an animal health certificate issued by a veterinarian (original and copy) which must include the breed, sex and age of the animal together with a photocopy of the valid vaccination passport according to age and species. The pet must also be presented for thorough inspection. The validity of the Certificate of Health Inspection depends on the authority of each country; in the case of ICA in Colombia it is valid for 24 hours.
The airline will accept pets in the cabin, as long as they comply with the following characteristics:
Weight of the pet
|17.6lbs(8kg) including the case
||90cm/35 total linear inches (length+width+height)
Length 16 inches + Width 11 inches + Height 8 inches
Length 40.6cm + Width 27.9cm + Height 20.3cm
Cost of service
Transport of your pet in the cabin is charged according to the country where you are flying to and from:
COST OF THE SERVICE
|To /From the United States and Canada
||USD125 (+applicable taxes)
||USD100 (+applicable taxes)
|Domestic flights in Peru
||USD100 (+applicable taxes)
|Domestic flights in Colombia
||COP20,000 (+applicable taxes)
Price of pet cases
||USD35 (+applicable taxes)
- Transport of pets in the cabin only applies to connecting flights with Taca, Lasca or Avianca. It does not apply to other airlines.
- The pet must remain inside the case during all the flight phases.
- The service is not provided on transoceanic routes.
- Dogs and cats under (8) weeks old will not be accepted for transport.
We strongly suggest you implement the following measures:
- The pet case must be a size larger than the regular size.
- The pet case must have ventilation on all four sides.
- In the days prior to your flight put your animal in the case so it becomes familiarized with it.